San Diego, California has the weather motorcyclist like to ride in and they have the highways that make this a city where motorcycle accidents can be serious. Statistics show that motorcycle riders are approximately 37 times more likely to be injured when they are involved in a collision, than the driver of a car. If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a San Diego motorcycle accident, you need to consult a skilled and qualified lawyer as soon as possible.
The experienced motorcycle accident lawyer can assist in recovering compensation for the injuries the motorcyclist suffered, including medical expenses, rehabilitation bills, lost wages, along with pain and suffering. Ehline Law Firm, PC are not only experienced in this area of the law, they are motorcyclists that know the dangers on the roadways. They have helped injured motorcyclists in obtaining the compensation they deserve from life changing injuries, to less severe injuries.
When you or a loved one is involved in a motorcycle collision, there are some steps that can be important to take:
- Get immediate medical attention, even if you do not believe you have been seriously injured, as not all injuries are immediately apparent after an accident.
- Do not admit fault.
- Notify your insurance company, but do not make any recorded statements, without consulting your lawyer.
- Hire a qualified personal injury lawyer, who specializes in motorcycle accidents.
- Do not speak with the other driver’s insurance company; this should be left up to your attorney to do. The other driver’s insurance company is not on your side or looking out for your best interests.
- Provide any information you may have to your lawyer as soon as you are able.
The lawyer you hire, should be experienced in handling motorcycle accident cases, a skilled litigator and knowledgeable about how these crashes occur and the mechanics bikes. It is crucial to retain an attorney as soon as you can, since waiting can weaken your case. Evidence can be destroyed and witness’s memories can fade. There are time limits in which the case must be filed, and waiting can mean giving up your rights to recover compensation.
Ehline Law Firm, PC have a 98.8 percent success rate in personal injury cases and have a winning record in handling motorcycle collision claims. Our lawyers understand motorcycle accidents, they have the resources necessary to aggressively pursue the motorcycle crash case and recover the compensation the injured rider deserves.
Motorcycle Accident Claims
In some cases the motorcycle collision can be settled without going to court, and then some are not able to be settled for what the rider should recover. Then the lawsuit will be taken to trial and the experienced motorcycle accident injury lawyer will determine all of the liable parties that can be sued. When there is more than one defendant, the plaintiff may recover a higher amount of compensation for their losses and damages.
- The driver of cars or trucks involved in the collision.
- The owners of the vehicles involved in the collision.
- Government agencies responsible for roadway maintenance.
- Motorcycle manufacturers, when a design or part is faulty or flawed, which contributed to the crash.
- The motorcycle mechanic, if the work done was done improperly or there was a use of defective parts that was responsible or partially responsible for the accident.
In the event the driver involved in the collision is uninsured, it is possible to file a claim through your own insurance company. Even though this is your own insurance company, they focus on denying claims or paying out low settlements. It is possible your lawyer may advise that you sue your insurance company, if they do not offer a fair settlement.
The person injured in a motorcycle accident can be awarded compensation by the court, which is intended to cover the damages and losses that were caused as a result of the crash.
The award may include:
- Medical costs
- Future medical expenses
- Rehabilitation costs
- Assisted living services
- Loss of income
- Future loss of income
- Pain and suffering
In the event the motorcycle accident results in a fatality, the victim’s family may file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover compensation. This compensation may include the loss of support, loss of affection, and loss of care. In some cases the estate of the victim may file a lawsuit on behalf of the victim’s heirs.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a crash, contact the San Diego motorcycle accident lawyers, who offer a free consultation to discuss your case, by calling toll-free at 888-400-9721 or using our convenient website contact form.